Overall, we had an excellent time, as a family, over break. There is one issue our family deals with on a regular basis (when Jason is home) that is sort of bothersome...
The problem we are facing is Jessica being such a HUGE daddy's girl. And I don't just mean the occasional wanting to be held by daddy, we are talking about a full blown "obsessive need" for her father.
For example, whenever she wakes (from her naps or in the morning) her first words out of her mouth are always, "dadda... dadda... where's dadda?" When we ride in the car as a family, she will sometime cry for Jason to hold her. At the grocery store, daddy has to be the one pushing the cart she is sitting in, or else he has to be holding her. Whenever Jessica gets hurt, "dadda" is who she calls for. Jason puts her to bed every night (while I read books to Jackson). And, when Jason comes home from work, Jessica will run to him and wine for him to hold her... UGH! I know, I know, poor Jason. Believe me, he's not too happy with this stage she is going through. We are in the process of coming up with a "game plan" of how to resolve this issue, or if it's going to be something she just has to outgrow?...goodness, we hope not!
Since Jackson did not really have a severe attachment to either of us (if anything, we would label him as more of a mamma's boy than anything else); this is totally new and uncharted territory for our family to be dealing with. If any of you have any ideas, we are open for suggestions. Email me, or feel free to leave your comment below.
Oh, and btw, she is totally fine today (on days when Jason is not around). We only have this problem on weekends and during holiday breaks when Jason is home; otherwise, she is as happy as can be. She plays with her daycare friends very well. Towards me, she is affectionate and loving, even more so when Jason is not around. She will still call for Jason when she is hurt, but other than that, she is a completely content little girl... only turns on her winey, "I need my daddy" switch the minute he walks through the door.
Here's a picture of the little "cling-on" as Jason refers to her...
1 comment:
awww - I think that's sooo sweet - but I can think it's sweet being so far away from it! I can see how that can be a bit of a problem!!
Post a Comment