Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Jessica gets the "Super Sister Award!"
As a mother, I have proud moments of my children all the time. Some are small...
"You shared your toy so nicely, Lia, good job!" or "You zipped your zipper all by yourself, Jessica, way to go!" or "You ate all your vegetables, Jackson, good for you!"
And, some are big...
"You went pee-pee on the potty, Lia!" or "You wrote your name so nicely, Jessica!" or "Jackson, you're reading!"
Every day, I look forward to these moments, big and small. And, I'm sure all parents would agree, it's a wonderful thing to witness your children make good choices; to watch them turn into the good people we, as parents, work so hard to teach them to be is very rewarding!
The other day, Jessica had a proud moment that sort of took me by surprise because I didn't know she was yet capable of being so helpful without me asking her to do so...
Lia had fallen down on the sidewalk and skinned both of her knees, bit her upper lip, and scraped her face a bit from falling onto the pavement. She was, of course, quite a mess --crying and bleeding! So, I was doing the best I could to soothe Lia, carry her back home (we were on a walk and about a block away), and to keep the rest of the daycare kids calm.
This was Jessica's role: To Lia she said, "Are you ok?" "It'll be alright." Then, without another word, Jessica raced back to the house. By the time I arrived home carrying Lia in my arms, Jessica had cleaned up all the outside toys and was waiting patiently in the garage with a kleenex box in one hand and a box of wet wipes in the other. As I was cleaning Lia off and placing a band-aid on her knee, Jessica asked me, "Mom, is Lia going to be ok?"
I'd like for this proud moment to always be remembered, and for you, Jessica, to know that you are indeed a "Super Sister!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwww!!! Yay Jessica! That brought tears to my eyes!!
Post a Comment