Our Family

Our Family
October 2013

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things...continued.

Jackson: "Hey Mom, you wanna come to my party?"
Me: "Sure!"
I follow him into his bedroom (apparently which is where the party is at). We get in there and he immediately starts dancing and jumping on his bed. While I was dancing on the floor next to his bed, he all of a sudden comes to a dead stop and says...
"But Mom, I don't have any drinks, or sprinkles, or coffee at my party --ok?"
I asked, "what do you have?" And he looked around his room for a moment and then said, "trucks and puppies."


A few months ago, Jason and I started praising Jackson when he'd eat all his fruits and veggies. We'd say, "good job, now you're going to grow big and strong like daddy and mommy." Ever since then, whenever he does a good job eating anything (even if he finishes a big piece of cake) he says, "I'm gonna grow big way up to the ceiling because I eat too much."


On a sweeter note... at bedtime, after we read books, I lay with Jackson and we say prayers and I rub his back. Some nights, when we are laying there, Jackson will wrap his arms around me so tight, then, he whispers, "I love you very, very much mommy." It's so precious... brings tears to my eyes every time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and funny little guy you have!

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Awww...that's so sweet!

de'amor said...

AW! That brings tears to my eyes!!