Ok, I'm 30-years-old, and I've never had a new year's resolution! So I figure, what better year than this to start?
Before I mention it, I must give full credit to my friend, Dusty Rogers, who posted this idea to her blog (http://allthingsgd.blogspot.com/). Please check out her blog if you get a chance; it's a terrific read.
Alright, back to my new year's resolution... Most of you remember how much I used to enjoy the sport of jogging. In fact, in my "pre-kids" life, I used to jog at least 3-4 times a week for 3-5 miles at a time. Granted that's no marathon runner's schedule, but at least it's enough to keep me in good physical and mental shape.
My new year's resolution: I will run 300 miles in the year 2009. For all you math-wizards out there, yes, this comes out to be about 6 miles per week. A very do-able resolution no doubt, but keep in mind, I have two little kids and I'm starting off in fairly poor shape. I will be keeping track of my mileage on the right margin of this blog for all my friends and family to see. Plus, I'm hoping by making my progress viewable to the public, it will help me stay motivated to accomplish my goal.
Thanks, again, for the idea, Dusty. And good luck with your resolution as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Way to go, Lisa! I am so very proud of you, you inspire me to branch out as well. Can you hear me cheering you on?
Aw, thanks Liz...I appreciate the "cheering."
So happy to inspire your first New Year's Resolution, Lisa! Good for you--I know you can do it!!
You both are way too motivated!!! Congrats to you both!!
Thanks KD! --you'll probably get the "drive" back soon enough after baby Leiting #2 arrives. Ok, well, maybe not too soon after;)
Post a Comment